Our International Programme is regarded as a Good Practice model by Education NZ. For more
information, please go to www.waiuku-college.school.nz.
- Located in the Auckland region of New Zealand
- A true Kiwi experience
- Safe learning environment
- Excellent NCEA results – average 85% passes for all 3 Levels
- Pathways for international students to universities
- Strong ESOL support – Immersion English & Academic English programmes
- Individualised academic programme – flexible arrangement across levels
- Multicultural International Student Department to provide strong student support
- Small number of international students to allow interaction with local students
- Good & caring homestay families including farm & horse homestay families
- Various sports available including clay bird shooting & equestrian
- Short term & semester exchange programmes available
Waiuku College has approximately 1,000 students including international students from Germany, Holland, Japan, China, Taiwan,Korea and Thailand, and offers students a true New Zealand experience. Set in safe and beautiful natural surroundings, Waiuku is a country town in the Auckland Region hosting about 6000 people. It is only 60km from the Auckland city centre and 17 minutes by car to the next larger town, Pukekohe. Waiuku is famous for its wild West Coast black sand beach for surfing, riding and paragliding.
For students who seek horse riding or other equestrian adventures, farm homestay families are available to them (transport to school is free by our school bus). Waiuku also has many amenities such as a large supermarket, cafés, restaurants, tennis club, swimming pool, golf course, fitness centres, etc.
Waiuku College provides students with a safe and academically driven environment to achieve their potential. Apart from the English, Mathematics and Science subjects, our school offers many other options:
ESOL, Spanish, Chinese, Art, Drama, Graphic Design, Business Studies, Photography, Sculpture, Painting/Drawing, Maori, Woodwork, Hospitality, Home Economics, etc.
A variety of sporting activities are also available after school: tennis, clay bird shooting, hockey, rock climbing, soccer, rugby, basketball, motocross, golf, equestrian, cricket, etc.
For students who enjoy music, we have a large Music Department which offers options to sing in a choir, play instruments and/or join the school band.
Come and enjoy academic success & experience the true Kiwi lifestyle here at
Less than an hour from Auckland city, Waiuku offers a small town and country living experience with access to farms, beaches, rivers and harbours, along with a multitude of sports teams and clubs.
Maori Culture and Heritage
Maori culture and performing arts are strong and popular at our school, something which many of our international students enjoy getting involved with.
A New Zealand Experience
Our international student numbers are kept low to ensure there is effective integration and English language learning at all times. Student numbers in senior classes are also kept low to ensure academic success for those wishing to achieve University entrance.