Waiuku College has a very popular Equestrian Squad. A fee of $25 includes uniforms and administration.
Mr Gavin Kew, Teacher in Charge of equestrian, will be holding a meeting at the beginning of Term one for all students wanting to be involved in the equestrian squads.
Events that we enter into are :
- Auckland Secondary Schools Horse Trial Event usually based at the Clevedon Pony Club Papatoetoe. This event is for Monday 30th March 2020.. Cost is $80 per horse. The events are Dressage, X Country and Show Jumping
A meeting will be held in Mr Kew’s classroom at the beginning of Term 1. Please make sure you watch the notice board for the date of this meeting so we can get everyone involved.
The following events we also attend are all held at St Peters Equestrian Centre, Cambridge.
- St Peters Interschools Open Dressage, March 21st/22nd and June 6th/7th
- St Peters Interschools Showjumping Series 1, March 28th/29th
- Horse of the Year. .
- Waiuku College One Day Event, April 8th
- Inter Schools Open Dressage, June 6th/7th
- St Peters Interschools Showjumping Series 2, May 9th/10th
- Sunday North Island Show Hunter Champs.
- St Peters North Island Interschools Dressage, September 12th/13th
- St Peters Interschools Showjumping Finals, October 24th/25th
Please watch the notice board and we will call a special Equestrian meeting at the beginning of Term 1 in Mr Kews classroom C5 with all these details.
We will once again be holding our own Show Jumping/Show Hunter Event but this year we are holding it at Whitford Pony Club on Wednesday April 8th, times etc will be notified at our first meeting.
There will be other events but these dates have not been set yet.
There is a charge for each event, if you or your horse are unable to compete for any reason this is non-refundable.
If you would like to enter into any of these events, you must be responsible for transporting your own horse and be responsible for all accounts associated with your horse should injuries occur?
Mr Kew will always try to come to each event as our Team Manager.