When I use digital devices, both at school and at home I have responsibilities and rules to follow. I agree:
- To be a safe user whenever and wherever I use that technology.
- To be responsible whenever and wherever I use technology and support others by being respectful in how I talk to and work with them and never write or participate in online bullying. This includes forwarding messages and supporting others in harmful, inappropriate or hurtful online behavior.
- To report if I feel unsafe or uncomfortable online or see a friend being unsafe or being made to feel uncomfortable by others.
- To maintain the reputation of Waiuku College and refrain from making inflammatory or rude comments about other students, staff or matters which may have arisen within Waiuku College.
When at school I agree:
To abide by the rules outlined in this document.
- To keep myself and my friends safe by not giving out personal details including full names, telephone numbers, addresses and images, protecting my password.
- To use the technology at school for learning, use the equipment properly and not interfere with the work or data of another student.
- Not to bring or download unauthorised programs or files.
- Not to go looking for rude or offensive sites.
- To remember that the content on the web is someone’s property and ask my teacher or a parent/caregiver to help me get permission if I want to use information or pictures.
- Not to attempt to install programs, games or apps on any school device.
- Not to attempt to edit any system settings.
- Not to use tools or sites that will enable me to bypass systems in place to filter or restrict access.
- I understand that my computer internet use at school can be monitored by the school.
I will talk to my teacher or an adult if:
- I need help online.
- I am not sure what I should be doing on the internet or a device.
- I come across sites that are not appropriate.
- Someone writes something I don’t like, makes me and my friends feel uncomfortable or asks me to provide information that I know is private.
- I feel that the welfare of students or staff at the Waiuku College is threatened.
When I use my laptop at school I agree to:
- Use it as only as directed by my teacher during class time.
- Be responsible for the device at all times.
- Be responsible for the power management (charging) of my device.
I understand the school policy on mobile phone use while at school:
- Mobile phones are not be on or used by students between the first bell at 8.40am and the last bell of the day at 3.10pm. This includes class time, admin time, assemblies, interval and lunchtime
- Earphones are not be worn at any of the above restricted times unless approved by a teacher for class use. They may only be connected to a school approved device e.g. BYOD Device or school computer
When using any device I will:
- Only take photos and record sound or video when it is part of a class or
- Seek permission from individuals involved PRIOR to taking photos, recording sound or videoing them (including teachers).
- Seek written permission from individuals involved PRIOR to publishing or sending photos, recorded sound or video to anyone else or to any online
- Be respectful in how I talk to and work with others online and never write or participate in online
- Seek teacher permission before uploading any school or student related content to
- Protect the privacy of others and never post private information about another person using SMS or other messages.
This Contract also applies to students during school excursions, camps and extra-curricular activities.
I have read and agree to follow these rules. I understand that my access to the internet and mobile technology at school may be withdrawn if I do not act responsibly. I understand that if my internet usage is revoked it may affect my ability to complete assessments and participate in learning activities.