All Year Levels
Students are required to have a device that is/has:
Windows laptops, Windows tablets or Apple laptops.
Updated : 08/09/2021
Windows version 10 64bit Education, Pro or Enterprise (Microsoft InTune deployment compatible)
******* We do not Support Windows Home or Home S *******
DO NOT SETUP WINDOWS DEVICES – LEAVE IN THE OOBE STATE
Anti-Virus and Microsoft Office 365 with 1tb Cloud Storage will be provided, do not purchase, factory shipped domestic demo Antivirus will be removed.
If you do not want your student to have admin rights on their device, please inform us when dropping off device.
- Minimum 12.2 inch screen.
- Has at least 6‐8 hours battery life.
- We Recommend 8GB of RAM.
- We Recommend an SSD or NVMe 256GB or greater.
- We recommend Intel i5 10th Gen or higher processors, AMD Ryzen 5 or higher processors.
- All Windows devices must support TPM version 2 if they intend to upgrade to Windows 11.
Mac OS Version 10.14 or higher.
Please ensure the device has received all its updates and has an Apple ID signed in and Find My is configured.
Anti-Virus and Microsoft Office 365 with 1tb Cloud Storage will be provided, do not purchase.
- A laptop bag, sleeve or hard shell case.
- Android Tablets, Chromebooks, iPads or Windows RT Tablets will NOT be accepted.
- Parents looking to manage internet access at home and beyond – See here.
2022 The Waiuku College IT Department will be offering a free software setup service for student laptops during the two weeks prior to school commencing.
Dates/Times: To Be Advised – January 2021 – 8:30am – 4:30pm (excluding weekends)
If you are unable to get the device to us during this time, please arrange for a family member or friend to drop off.